1. Student Status. Applicants who completed grades 5 – 12 during the 2017-2018 school year are eligible to participate. Students who have completed grades 5 – 8 during the 2017-2018 school year participate in the Middle School Division; students who have completed grades 9-12 during the 2017-2018 school year participate in the High School Division.
2. Single Entry. Each student may only enter one project in the Fair but several students can enter the same project as a team.
3. Supervision. Students must be accompanied by their parent(s) or guardian(s) at all times during the Science Fair. The Sustainable Energy Fund is not responsible for the supervision of any participant. Please complete, sign and return the Science Fair Waiver included with this application.
Science Fair Project Requirements
1. Participants must submit a Science Fair Application by June 29, 2018.
2. Projects must be related to energy efficiency, energy conservation, renewable energy resources, or other topics relating to sustainable energy.
3. The students will need to bring a poster board explaining their project. The poster should be no larger than 3 feet X 4 feet. In addition, students may also bring objects that pertain to their project. There will be electrical outlets available on site.
4. Students will give a three minute presentation explaining their project to a panel of judges. Note cards are acceptable for reference during your presentation. Judges may ask you questions about your project afterwards.
5. Entries are evaluated on a variety of criteria which include its potential contribution to sustainable energy (25%), creativity and innovation (25%), depth of research (25%), presentation (15%), and overall completeness of documentation (10%).
6. Students should be dressed in business casual clothes. Jeans are discouraged.
7. The judges will be comprised of industry professionals, academia, and Sustainable Energy Fund board members.