We are excited to announce our Keynote speaker! Ramesh ("Rudy") Shankar is the Director of the...» Read More
Are you passionate about energy efficiency, energy conservation, renewable energy, or other topics relating to sustainable energy? Then you should participate in our Sustainable Energy Science Fair! Held at the Energypath conference, this science fair allows Middle and High School students to showcase their projects relating to sustainable energy and compete for cash prizes of up to $1,250. While at the conference, students can also network with professionals and experts in the energy industry, sit in on sessions led by experts in their fields, and more!
2023 Dates and Deadlines
May 16, 2023 by 5:00 PM: Application deadline
Friday, June 16th
Net Zero Energy Building, 4250 Independence Drive, Schnecksville, PA
- Student Status. Applicants who completed grades 5 – 12 during the 2022-2023 school year are eligible to participate. Students who have completed grades 5 – 8 during the 2022-2023 school year participate in the Middle School Division; students who have completed grades 9-12 during the 2022-2023 school year participate in the High School Division.
- Single Entry. Each student may only enter one project in the Fair, but several students can enter the same project as a team.
- Supervision. Students must be accompanied by their parent(s) or guardian(s) at all times during the Science Fair. Sustainable Energy Fund is not responsible for the supervision of any participant. Please complete, sign and return the Science Fair Waiver included with this application.
Science Fair Project Requirements
- Participants must submit a Science Fair Application by May 16, 2023 by 5:00 PM.
- Projects must be related to energy efficiency, energy conservation, renewable energy resources, or other topics relating to sustainable energy.
- The students will need to bring a poster board explaining their project. The poster should be no larger than 3 feet X 4 feet. In addition, students may also bring objects that pertain to their project. There will be electrical outlets available on site.
- Students will give a three-minute presentation explaining their project to a panel of judges. Note cards are acceptable for reference during your presentation. Judges may ask you questions about your project afterwards.
- Entries are evaluated on a variety of criteria which include its potential contribution to sustainable energy (25%), creativity and innovation (25%), depth of research (25%), presentation (15%), and overall completeness of documentation (10%).
- Students should be dressed in business casual clothes. Jeans are discouraged.
- The judges will be comprised of industry professionals, academia, and Sustainable Energy Fund board members.
Energypath Science Fair Submission
Student submissions for the Energypath 2023 Science Fair
Sustainable Energy Fund is proud to provide the following awards:
|1st Place – $1250||1st Place – $1250|
|2nd Place – $750||2nd Place – $750|
|3rd Place – $250||3rd Place – $250|